Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Altec Center Channel

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wmeckle's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Gang: Thought some of you might be interested in the construction of a center channel speaker to go with a pair of Malbiu clones. This project was submited to AudioXpress and published in the April 2007 issue.
    Details can be seen at:
    http://www.wmeckle.com/PERCY/Center/Center%20Altec.html

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations you have kept the Altec Name and prestige intact. .
    The use of the 8" woofer was a wise choice. I designed speaker cabinets
    for the Altec pancake back in the seventie's. They are true to
    the VOTT sound. To bad the 3000 E or H horn is no longer manufactured.

    A centre channel will be more and more in demand as we are fazed into
    High Def TV viewing..


    .............................................

  3. #3
    Inactive Member intotubes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow. VERY nice. Looks great, I'd love to hear it. That gives me food for thought on an all Altec HT I've been thinking about. I have 19's for the fronts and Carmels (2 414s w/811) for the rears. I am missing a center channel though. That looks like just the ticket. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bill: Those cabinets are a work of art.

    I didn't even know that Altec 3000H even made this tweeter, well it is way before my time that is for sure. The 3000H looks like the horn/driver in the 12" Altec 601 coaxial speaker.

    You've out done yourself. If I've remove the windows to put speakers in their place in my house, I would be listening to the speakers in the 'dog house."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member hmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Some beautiful work Bill.
    Harry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.